Wynnum Family Daycare
Welcome To Wynnum Family Day Care
Wynnum Family Day Care and Education Service provides quality care for children in the homes of registered Educators. Educators need to provide a clear focus on children’s learning and wellbeing and an environment indoors and out, which challenges and stimulates children.
Wynnum Family Day Care and Education Service is a non-profit organisation, sponsored by Community Childcare Inc. The education and care service receives funding from the Federal Government. We are fully licensed and regulated by DEEWR. Families will be able to claim child care government subsidies including Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate.
Wynnum Family Day Care and Education Service services the surrounding south east and bayside suburbs of Brisbane including: Lota, Manly, Manly West, Birkdale, Capalaba, Alexandra Hills, Thorneside, Tingalpa, Hemmant, Lindum, Camp Hill, Carina, Bulimba, Balmoral, Hawthorne, Cannon Hill, Wakerley, Belmont, Gumdale, Murarrie, Wynnum, Wynnum West, Wynnum North, Wellington Point, Thornlands, Morningside – we are expanding!
Wynnum Family Day Care has completed the National Quality Standard Assessment and we are excited and proud to share our overall rating as: Exceeding National Quality Standard!
What a great team effort! Educators and the coordination unit staff working together positively to generate this outcome!
Your service is commended on its achievements in providing quality outcomes for children. In particular the relationship with children, families, communities and the extensive support of the coordination unit demonstrates a commitment to quality by educators and the coordination unit staff. It is recommended that the coordination unit, educators and families continue to reflect on current practice to maintain the quality outcomes evident during this assessment and rating process.
Thank you to everyone for making Wynnum Family Day Care a service of choice.
Wynnum Family Day Care and Education Service Philosophy
Quality outcomes for children – every child, every day in care.
To be a field leader in delivering a high quality early childhood education and care service to benefit all of our stakeholders including children, families, educators and staff.
We do this by:
- Putting the rights of children first
- Offering an individual approach and maintaining high standards for education and care
- Prioritising children’s growth and development through secure, nurturing relationships and sharing high expectations for children’s learning
- Regularly undertaking reflection on practice and seeking high quality professional development
- Respecting and supporting families as children’s primary teachers
- Striving for equity and inclusion for all children
Wynnum Family Day Care and Education Service values respectful relationships, honesty, inclusive practices and ethical decision making.
We achieve this by our commitment to:
- Building relationships based on compassion, understanding and prioritising face to face interactions, active listening and honest communication
- Collaborative decision making through advisory and management committees
- A progressive attitude and up to date knowledge of the industry
- Advocating for children, educators, families and staff
- Ensuring that our communication respects and reflects diverse practices, values and beliefs
- Including perspectives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the many other cultures represented in our community