Caring for the South East Suburbs | Phone: (07) 3393 4311 |
Welcome to Wynnum Family Day Care & Education Service
Welcome to Wynnum Family Day Care & Education Service "Caring for the South East Suburbs"
Wynnum Family Day Care and Education Service is committed to providing child care that encompasses early learning, safety, wellbeing and inclusion through high quality early learning settings. When choosing care for your child, family day care isn’t just the right choice, it’s the natural one.
We welcome you to our service and invite you to explore our website or call one of our friendly coordination unit team members on 3393 4311 for more information.
INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES
- Community, not for profit service, established 1988
- Home based early childhood education and care, for children from birth to 12 years
- Educators provide programs that promote childrens learning and development
- Approved service for government child care subsidies
INFORMATION FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS
- Do you value ongoing relationships with families and coordination unit?
- Do you want to provide an educational program that is stimulating and engaging?
- Are you committed to professional development?
- Do you value reflective practice?
Some of the particular strengths that can feature in family day care include
- Small group settings allows children to learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect
- Quality one-on-one time builds children’s capacity to respond verbally and non verbally to what they see, hear, touch, feel and taste
- Mixed age groups allows children to engage in and contribute to shared play experiences
- Siblings can be in care together allowing siblings to build on shared experiences outside their home environment
- Long term relationship with one educator allows children to build secure attachments
- Educators can share their interests, talents, culture and language role-modelling connectedness to others and a shared identity as Australians
- Children can be involved in the community through regular excursions this leads children to understand the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation
- Children’s interests can be followed spontaneously and use reflective thinking to consider why things happened and what can be learnt from these experiences
Recognition of Achievement at Wynnum Family Day Care & Education Service
- Rated Excellent 2013-2016 and 2016-2019
- National Coordination Unit of the Year 2013
- Queensland Coordination Unit of the Year 2013
- Queensland Coordination Unit of the Year 2014
- Hesta Early Childhood Education & Care Awards – Excellence in Building Inclusion Finalist 2014
- FDCA Perpetual Star Award 2017
- FDCA Hall of Fame 2018 (inductee)
- Rated "Exceeding"
- FDCA Perpetual Star Award 2019
Wynnum Family Day Care & Education Service believes in delivering a high quality early childhood education and care service to benefit all of our stakeholders including children, families, educators and staff. We do this by:
- putting the rights of children first
- offering an individual approach and maintaining high standards for education and care
- prioritising children’s growth and development through secure, nurturing relationships and sharing high expectations for children’s learning
- regularly undertaking reflection on practice and seeking high quality professional development
- respecting and supporting families as children’s primary teachers
- striving for equity and inclusion for all children