Are you looking to breakfree?
Do you want to be your own boss and boost your earning potential?
Would you like the freedom of working in your own home?
Take the natural next step in your career and start your journey as a family day care educator today.
WFDC values the relationship between children and their families and we enhance these relationships through our practice.
We are excited to work alongside innovative, motivated and enthusiastic educators who aim to maximise children’s learning. Educators who value a child-led program as this suits the children today; Educators who nurture children to move within their rhythm – to be in the here and now.
The foundations of our service are built on our commitment to the delivery of quality outcomes for children. Together, let’s inspire and motivate; create long-lasting relationships, and celebrate the wonder of early childhood.
Wynnum Family Day Care & Education Service welcomes expression of interest from Early Childhood Educator who are considering opening their own family day care business or family day care educators wanting to change approved providers.
‘Where connections are valued’
YouThe JobApplication FormWFDC working with You
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Has current experience providing care to children in a professional context, with a commitment to acquiring knowledge in and applying current best practice in professional high quality education and care
- Has the ability to apply knowledge of childhood development within an education and care setting
- Possesses or has the ability to acquire knowledge of administrative and legislative requirements of operating a small business
- Professional Childhood Education and Care – Able to engage children in affirming and respectful ways that encourage their sense of belonging, help them seek and make meaning of their world and empower their learning and growth, taking into consideration children’s individual differences in ability, personality, interests, cultural or linguistic background, learning and motivation.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Able to develop constructive and collaborative working relationships with families of children in care, other educators and the coordination unit and maintain them over time
- Small Business Management – Able to provide individualised customer service to the families of children in care, as well as manage financial and record keeping requirements, tax compliance and maintenance of required insurances
- Professional Practice Skills – Able to demonstrate professionalism including maintaining accurate records and documentation, demonstrating the use of reflective practice, engaging in ethical decision making, and maintaining professional boundaries including privacy and confidentially requirements
- Is able to demonstrate a genuine interest in enthusiasm for engaging children in learning and helping them feel nurtured and valued
- Is resilient to change and view change as an opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Is physically and psychological resilient to the demands of providing professional and high quality education and care for children in a home based environment
- Is invested in building positive relationships with other adults
- Is committed to and values professional development and is an active participant in their own learning
- Values Family Day Care as an education and care option and represents Family Day Care positively to families of children in care and to the broader community
- Educators home meet or exceed the WFDC Educator Environment Risk Assessment Plan (landlord approval required, if applicable)
- Educators must have completed a minimum Early Childhood Education and Care qualification or be actively engaged and nearing completion of an Early Childhood Education and Care qualification
- Educators are self-employed and must provide certified education and care in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Law, Education and Care Service National Regulations, National Quality Standards, Early Years Learning Framework and Framework for School Age Care and abide by WFDC Policies and Procedures
- Educators must have and maintain current approved first aid, anaphylaxis and emergency asthma management qualifications
- Educators and all adult members residing in the home will hold a current Working with Children Check
- Educators will maintain Public Liability insurance for a home based education and care business
- National Police/Criminal History Check
- Meet all legislation set out in the Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations
- Is able to implement all WFDC policies including the ongoing maintenance of safe environments, maintenance of all documentation required under legislation and service policies including risk management plans
- Implement and maintain the National Quality Standards and the Early Years Learning Framework and/or Framework for School Age Care
- Provide an education and care environment in which children experience learning that is engaging and that enables them to experience belonging (acknowledging their interdependence with others), being (supporting children to be, to seek and make meaning of their world) and becoming (supporting the rapid and significant change that occurs as children learn and grow).
- Take action to inform and work with the coordination unit in observing signs of learning, emotional and developmental challenges in children and identifying when a child’s safety and wellbeing has been comprised
- Maintain a written document that includes assessment of learning and experiences that are provided for the children in care
- Actively commit to developing and participating in a Quality Improvement Plan and undertaking training and development as required to ensure goals are met
- Maintain accurate records and documentation at all times
If you are interested in becoming an early childhood educator with Wynnum Family Day Care & Education Service, please complete the form below and we will contact you to discuss your application further.
All enquiries are confidential.
- Educator profile development
- Client referral leads
- Childcare directory link
- 24 hour access to forms and resources
- Sample forms and business templates
- Child care subsidy software system supplied
- Above industry income potential
Program & Practice
- Siblings can play and learn together
- Routines are flexible
- Ratio 1:4 under school age
- Maintaining strong connections (and a familiar face)
- Connection & immersion in the local community
Mentoring & Support
- Outside of Business hours mobile support
- Dedicated co-ordination unit team
- Operational systems and program
- Below average weekly business levy
- Environment assessment, rental house suitability
- Professional development opportunities
- Educator network